What is School health?
The school nurse or health assistant will provide basic quality health care to all students of Pine Hill Schools. Student safety is the number one priority in our school, especially during the current COVID-19 pandemic, which continues to impact our way of living emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually.
Goal For All Students Grades K-12:
Keep all students safe, prevent debilitating illnesses, seek a well-balanced life-style, and incorporate a healthy way of living. Each student will come to school healthy, will learn to be productive, grow with confidence, and become mentally prepared to live in balance and harmony.
Student Health Office Requirements:
- Updated Immunization Record
- COVID-19 Vaccination for 5 years and older is preferred
- Stay home if sick or feeling ill
- Stay home with any of these presenting COVID-19 signs and symptoms that include: *cough, runny nose/congestion, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, stomachache, sore throat, fever, body aches, headache, fatigue or feeling tired, and new loss of taste or smell, nasal burning- Test for Covid19
- Yearly FLU shot during the fall season
- Face mask worn at all times during school session
FLU Shot Clinic Info:
Flu Vaccines are recommended for all individuals. The following people are at high risk of getting the flu and should definitely be vaccinated to reduce the risk of serious health complications:
- Adults 65+ years old
- Children younger than 2 years old
- Anyone with chronic diseases such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, blood disorders, or rheumatoid arthritis
- Patients who regularly take an immunosuppressant drug such as prednisone or methotrexate
- People who live in nursing homes or long-term care facilities
- Pregnant women
- Healthcare workers
You should not get the flu vaccine if you have:
- Severe reactions to a flu vaccine in the past
- Developed Guillain-Barre Syndrome from a previous flu vaccination
Questions? Call: 505-775-3271
Welcome back students of pine hill schools school year 2023-24!
Note: Face masks will be optional this school year. Please stay home if you are sick or not feeling well in order to prevent the spread of illness to other students and school staff.
Make sure to have all list of contacts updated with out school registrar, including phones numbers, in case of any emergencies. Thank you!
Lets continue to be healthy and thrive for a successful 2023-24 school year!