School health Office Role:
Provide basic quality health care to all students of Pine Hill Schools K-12 grades. Student safety is the number one priority in our school, due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic, which continues to impact our way of living emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually. The school nurse or health assistant will assist school students during times of illness, injury, health screenings, encouraging required vaccinations, medication administration (if needed), and with mental health guidance to help students become healthy while attending school, improving overall student well-being.
Parent/Guardian & Student Message Grades K-12:
Keep all students safe, prevent debilitating illnesses, seek a well-balanced life-style, and incorporate a healthy way of living. Each student will come to school healthy, will learn to be productive, grow with confidence, and become mentally prepared to live in balance and harmony.
Student Health Office Requirements:
- Updated Immunization Record
- COVID-19 Vaccination for 5 years and older is preferred
- Stay home if sick or feeling ill- test for COVID-19
- Stay vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine
- Yearly FLU shot during the fall season
- Participation in health screenings
- *Face mask is optional*
FLU Shot Clinic Info:
Flu Vaccines are recommended for all individuals. The following people are at high risk of getting the flu and should definitely be vaccinated to reduce the risk of serious health complications:
- Adults 65+ years old
- Children younger than 2 years old
- Anyone with chronic diseases such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, blood disorders, or rheumatoid arthritis
- Patients who regularly take an immunosuppressant drug such as prednisone or methotrexate
- People who live in nursing homes or long-term care facilities
- Pregnant women
- Healthcare workers
You should not get the flu vaccine if you have:
- Severe reactions to a flu vaccine in the past
- Developed Guillain-Barre Syndrome from a previous flu vaccination
Questions? Call: 505-775-3271
Welcome back students of pine hill schools school year 2023-24!
Note: Face masks will be optional this school year. Please stay home if you are sick or not feeling well in order to prevent the spread of illness to other students and school staff.
Make sure to have all list of contacts updated with out school registrar, including phones numbers, in case of any emergencies. Thank you!
Lets continue to be healthy and thrive for a successful 2023-24 school year!